Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Game of the Moment

This is a regularly-updated post highlighting what game is currently keeping me up until 6AM.
 
The current winner is the Sierra classic Pharaoh. I bought it as part of a value pack a number of years ago, and it's still the best strategy game I've ever played. I also have had the habit over the years of accidentally losing my saved game files, so I've never really gotten that far in it. I've been out of work for about a week, so I decided I could afford the lack of sleep to get back into it. I'm currently working on my first true pyramid.

Here's my slowly arising pyramid.

For those who have never played it, it's your basic city-building game, set in ancient Egypt, where you are tasked with building cities and monuments for the Pharaoh, starting out with small projects, and eventually moving on to different kinds of pyramids. Unfortunately I don't know where it can be purchased anymore, but if you can find it I highly recommend it. It plays fine on Windows XP, and even on my 1920x1200 monitor, the graphics aren't bad enough to distract from the great gameplay.

No comments: